December 16, 2006, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Shrine Parish
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker
babies
Cool Slideshows
My Photo
Name:
Location: Makati City, Manila, Philippines

The question of life is "Why?" The answer is "Why Not?"

Monday, April 03, 2006

My Thoughts on Marriage & Wedding

With eight months to go, I now reflect on why I chose to get married. Yes, I believe Marriage is a Choice. And I already made that choice a few years back because I know that he is the one (my first and my last). Marriage is a lifetime commitment so you really have to be decided. Keeping true to your vows entail a lot of hard work... a conscious effort. For better or for worse... in sickness or in health... til death do us part... ang hirap 'ata nun.

Wedding is the celebration of your union... as you embark on a new journey together. When I was a kid, I have a dream wedding in mind... as I believe we all do... something grand, beautiful and magical (parang fairytales!). Our wedding on December 16 is not really the dream wedding I envisioned when I was a kid. But hey... I am not a kid anymore... I'm 27 na kaya... so I can tell you it is much, much more. It might probably be a lot simplier but what makes it "a dream wedding" (after all) is the man I will marry and will spend the rest of my life with. Because whatever you have on your wedding (your gown, cake, souvenirs, etc.) will just be memories and what you will be left with is the man you chose. Yes, wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event (at least for me) but it is still just one day in our lives and we have the rest of our lives to look forward to... to create more memories together. Sabi nga ng isang w@wie (this is a wedding e-group): "Work on the marriage and not on the wedding!"

...and yes, I am having my dream wedding... because I found him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home